July 31, 2019
Equinix Offers Direct Access to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure in Tokyo
Customers to gain high-performance, low-latency access to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
HONG KONG – July 31, 2019 – Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company and a Platinum-level member of the Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), today announced the expansion of its dedicated, private access to Oracle’s Generation 2 Cloud infrastructure to its International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center in Tokyo, Japan. Enterprise customers can now easily and privately connect to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure using Oracle Cloud Infrastructure FastConnect within the Equinix TY4 IBX data center in Tokyo via dedicated cross connects, Equinix Metro Connect™ and the Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric™ (ECX Fabric™). With the addition of Tokyo, the Oracle and Equinix integration now provides connectivity to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure FastConnect via ECX Fabric to customers in 37 metros globally.
According to IDC1, Japan is one of the leading cloud market in Asia-Pacific with a total public cloud services market worth US$4.5 billion (approximately 493 billion Japanese Yen) in 2018 – an increase of 30% over the previous year. Japan’s private cloud services market size also accounted for US$2.85 billion (approximately 312 billion Japanese Yen) in total, which was an increase of 45% from the previous year. Japan is also set to host several large sporting events, including the Rugby World Cup later this year and the Tokyo Olympic Games in 2020. Events of this scale are driving the adoption of cloud services and related infrastructure to help provide seamless digital experiences for participants and spectators.
Through ECX Fabric and its integration with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, customers can establish direct connectivity between their private infrastructure and Oracle Cloud environments. This enables them to fully realize the benefits of cloud adjacency and interconnect securely to cloud and IT providers, as well as other business partners, directly to move application, middleware and database workloads seamlessly between private infrastructure and Oracle Cloud in a high-performance, reliable, low-latency secure experience.
- Oracle’s Generation 2 cloud infrastructure is designed to create an infrastructure that matches and surpasses the performance, control and governance of enterprise data centers, while delivering the scale, elasticity, and cost-savings of public clouds. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure was built from the ground up to be a cloud for the enterprise, equally capable of running traditional multi-tiered enterprise applications, high-performance workloads, and modern serverless and container-based architectures.
- Whether a customer requires direct connection to Oracle as part of a broader interconnection strategy, or if they need to migrate data-heavy applications to the cloud, connection to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure inside Equinix is a highly scalable solution for many enterprise users. It can further a customer's efforts to address increasing data privacy and other regulatory requirements and general data sovereignty concerns.
- The addition of Tokyo brings the total number of Equinix IBX data centers where Oracle FastConnect is deployed to seven including Amsterdam, Chicago, Frankfurt, London, Sydney, Washington D.C./Northern Virginia, and total number of locations where connectivity to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure FastConnect via ECX Fabric is available to 30 metros globally including:
- 5 Asia-Pacific metros: Hong Kong, Melbourne, Osaka, Perth and Singapore
- 13 American metros: Atlanta, Boston, Culpeper, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Sao Paulo, Seattle, Silicon Valley and Toronto
- 11 European metros: Dublin, Dusseldorf, Geneva, Helsinki, Madrid, Manchester, Milan, Munich, Paris, Stockholm, Warsaw and Zurich.
- Oracle and Equinix have long-standing relationship, and Equinix was recently recognized as Oracle World Wide Platinum level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork.
- ECX Fabric is an on-demand, SDN-enabled interconnection service that allows any business to connect between its own distributed infrastructure, and any other company’s distributed infrastructure, including the world’s largest network service and cloud providers, on Platform Equinix®.
- ECX Fabric is currently available in 37 metros globally, including Amsterdam, Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Culpeper, Dallas, Denver, Dublin, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Geneva, Helsinki, Hong Kong, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Madrid, Manchester, Melbourne, Miami, Milan, Munich, New York, Osaka, Paris, Perth, São Paulo, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Stockholm, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Warsaw, Washington D.C. and Zurich.
- Vinay Kumar, Vice President of Product Management, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
"Customers require seamless connectivity from their data centers and networks to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure for their most demanding workloads and applications. With Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, customers can provision the private connections they need today and easily scale with their growing business demands. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure FastConnect offers a simple port-based pricing model, with no additional egress or ingress bandwidth charges, providing amazing value to data-intensive workloads. We look forward to helping more customers connect to Oracle Cloud using FastConnect and ECX Fabric in a growing number of markets."
- Kei Furuta, Managing Director, Equinix North Asia
“Cloud is a core business enabler but is not without challenges as organizations face concerns around managing multicloud infrastructure, distributed data, security threats, compliance risks and decreased performance over the public internet. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure FastConnect with ECX Fabric make up a fundamental building block that enables our customers in Tokyo and around the world to address those challenges with consistent ultra-fast, low-latency interconnection.”
- Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric Datasheet [website]
- Equinix and Oracle®: Unlocking the Future with Cloud Adjacency [blog]
- Equinix Data Centers in Asia-Pacific [website]
- Oracle Cloud on Equinix [website]
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most-interconnected data centers. On this global platform for digital business, companies come together across more than 50 markets on five continents to reach everywhere, interconnect everyone and integrate everything they need to create their digital futures. Equinix.hk
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) is Oracle's partner program that provides partners with a differentiated advantage to develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle’s products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle’s growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to be recognized and rewarded for their investment in Oracle Cloud. Partners engaging with Oracle will be able to differentiate their Oracle Cloud expertise and success with customers through the OPN Cloud program – an innovative program that complements existing OPN program levels with tiers of recognition and progressive benefits for partners working with Oracle Cloud. To find out more visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX data centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix products and solutions; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenues from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; a failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; risks related to our taxation as a REIT; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see recent Equinix quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix Media Contact (Asia-Pacific), Annie Ho, Equinix, +852 2970-7761, firstname.lastname@example.org