Amsterdam: Gateway to Anything Possible
Reserve your seat for the launch of our IBX AM7 extension in Amsterdam.
Digital transformation means re-thinking IT to use an interconnection first approach. As Equinix expands globally, we’re helping businesses like yours to thrive at the digital edge in 52 markets, including Amsterdam.
In our newly extended IBX AM7 we connect you with your employees, customers and partners. Transform with Platform Equinix and enable your growth. We look forward to welcoming you!
Expand. Evolve. Grow on Platform Equinix®
* This is a FREE event; however, places are limited, and we expect demand to be high. Please register at your earliest convenience.
Connect with Equinix in Amsterdam
9,500+ companies colocate in Equinix’s Netherlands data centers to connect to business partners and customers across their digital supply chains. Equinix in the Netherlands is home to many thriving, diverse business ecosystems, including:
- Europe’s vibrant banking, commerce, manufacturing and telecommunications leaders, which locate here to take advantage of excellent broadband connections to the rest of the world, thanks to the Netherlands’ connections to 150 global submarine cable networks
- ISPs, telecommunications carriers, content providers and hosting services from all over the world, via connections to the Netherlands Internet Exchange as well as to the Amsterdam Internet Exchange and Equinix Internet Exchange at our Amsterdam colocation facilities
- International enterprises that want to take advantage of the Netherlands’ high-speed connections to the rest of Europe: ultra-low latency from the Netherlands to London, Paris and Frankfurt: less than fifty milliseconds AM7 interconnects customers to Equinix’s expanding ecosystem of cloud service providers, network carriers, financial service organizations and enterprise customers, providing new business prospects and opportunities. AM7 delivers exceptional energy efficiency, reducing its environmental impact and increasing operational efficiency.
Amsterdam AM7 offerings:
- Benefit from Europe’s largest concentration of 300+ Network Service Providers.
- Connect directly to a large choice of clouds for optimized security and lower latency at the digital edge
- Ultra-low latency campus connectivity to our Amsterdam IBX datacenters AM5 and AM6.
|15:00||Trends! Onward to 2030 by trendwatcher and futurist Richard van Hooijdonk New technologies like robots, drones, big data, IoT, VR, biotech, neurotech and blockchain create new opportunities and new business models emerge.
Are we digital ready? by Peter Van Camp, Equinix Executive Chairman
Asics’ Digital Movements by Edwin Idema, IT Director Asics EMEA
|17:00||Panel session “Connecting the Future”: This interactive panel discussion will be moderated by Marelle van Beerschoten, Founder of Digital Shapers.
Margaret Adam, Analyst at IDC
Peter Van Camp, Executive Chairman Equinix
Michiel Eielts, Managing Director Equinix Benelux
Richard van Hooijdonk, Trendwatcher and Futurist
|17:40||Official opening ceremony AM7|
|18:00||Drinks and canapes|
Managing Director Equinix Benelux
Michiel Eielts has been general manager at Equinix since 2009 and is responsible for the IBX data centers in Amsterdam, Enschede and Zwolle. Eielts has more than 20 years of work experience in the Dutch IT and telecom industry. Before joining Equinix, he worked at Nedstat, a European web performance and monitoring organization, where he held the position vice-president of Business Development. He was in this position responsible for the development and management of business alliances across Europe. Earlier in his career, he held various commercial and managerial roles at KPN, after which he moved on to Telfort to be on the Board. He also worked as Managing Director at BSC (subsidiary of Essent). Eielts studied Artificial Intelligence at Utrecht University and did an MBA at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
Richard van Hooijdonk
Trendwatcher, futurist and international keynote speaker Richard van Hooijdonk with inspiring sessions that have been attended by over 420,000 people. Richard is a regular guest at radio and television programs. With his international research team, he investigates tech trends like robotics, drone technology, autonomous transport systems, Internet of Things, virtual reality, biotech, nanotech, neurotech, blockchain, 3D and 4D printing along with augmented and virtual reality and their impact on various industries. His findings are published weekly in the form of compelling articles, e-books and white papers.
Peter Van Camp
Executive Chairman, Equinix
Mr. Van Camp served as Equinix’s CEO, President and Director in various years since May 2000. In addition, in December 2005, Mr. Van Camp was re-elected as chairman of the board, having previously served in that capacity from June 2001 to December 2002. From January 1997 to May 2000, Mr. Van Camp was employed at UUNET, the Internet division of MCI (formerly known as WorldCom), where he served as President of Internet markets and as President of the Americas region. Mr. Van Camp also held various positions at Compuserve. Mr. Van Camp currently also serves on the board of directors of the Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation.
IT Director Asics EMEA
More then 20 years of experience within IT on all different levels. Gets energy from complex tasks, new technologies and process-improvement. Team-lead with a drive, a real people-manager with a focus on putting the customer in the centre. To relax, nothing is better then a walk on the beach or in the woods with dogs, Senna and Banjo.
Senior Program Director, IDC’s European Channels and Alliances program
Margaret Adam is analyst at one of the world’s leading intelligence firms IDC. Based in London, Margaret is responsible for driving IDC’s research, innovation and thought leadership agenda within the context of partnering and ecosystems within Western Europe. She is an expert in cloud ecosystems, digital ecosystems and next generation partnering. She is an inspirational keynote speaker on the broader topics of collaboration, co-creation and future growth.
Marelle van Beerschoten
Moderator of the Event and Founder of Digital Shapers
As the founder of Digital Shapers Marelle helps to enlarge the digital mindset and creativity of organizations. Her focus areas are data science, data-driven culture change, digital workforce & learning. Marelle is also active in the Advisory Boards of the Amsterdam Business School and Tagpoint, an e-learning start-up. she recently published a report on Artificial Intelligence in the Netherlands as a part DenkWerk, a Dutch thinktank. She's committed to help the Netherlands move forward on AI and digital leadership.
Location & Directions
Venue: Kuiperbergweg 13 | 1101 AE Amsterdam
Join us for the Equinix Event: Connecting the Future
Thank you for your interest in our event. This event is FREE to attend, however we encourage you to register early as seats are limited and we expect demand to be high.
Please register your interest at your earliest convenience.
Want to attend the AM7 Launch Event? Register Today.
Please enter your details and our team will be in touch shortly.
December 4th, 2018
Equinix AM7 Data Center
1101 AE Amsterdam, Netherlands