Tell us more about how we can help you develop strategies to best leverage Platform Equinix.Get in Touch
Zurich Data Centers & Colocation Services Provider - Equinix
Ecosystem Strengths in Zurich
In Zurich, we know that organizations in different industries face unique challenges and have different needs and priorities. The combination of our rich customer base, aggregation of networks and presence in strategic global markets like Zurich creates thriving business ecosystems across key industry segments.
Equinix’s financial ecosystem offers:
- Over 75 exchanges and trading platforms
- Over 450 buy- and sell-side firms
- Over 100 financial service providers
- The GUIDE tool to help financial firms quickly understand and visualize the interconnected global financial markets
- Ability to quickly deploy in the top 16 global financial centers
- Access to exchanges, trading platforms, market data providers and other enabling partners a cross connect away
- Over 900 network options to control bandwidth costs
Cloud & IT Services
Equinix’s cloud ecosystem offers:
- 300+ cloud and 500+ IT service providers
- Base of enterprise customers and carrier MPLS backbones reachable via the Equinix marketplace
- Access to 690+ public and private networks to optimize performance and hit latency targets
- Specialized exchanges for internet, Ethernet, and mobility
- Available capacity in 38 major business and population centers across Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific
Equinix's network-rich ecosystem offers:
- Widest choice of network providers with over 900
- Ability to leverage the broadest network choice for optimum IT performance, resiliency and cost control
- Improved performance with providers that deliver low-latency reach to end-users
- Reduced time-to-market by leveraging direct connections between corporate WAN providers and enterprise, cloud and managed service providers
- Ability to choose one global infrastructure partner, while retaining flexibility to optimize regional and local network structure
Zurich IBX Data Center Tech Specs
- ZH1 Zurich IBX Data Center: ~8,913 ft² (828 m²)
- ZH2 Zurich IBX Data Center: ~6,975 ft² (648 m²)
- ZH3 Zurich IBX Data Center: ~3,229 ft² (300 m²)
- ZH4 Zurich IBX Data Center: ~26,910 ft² (2,500 m²)
- Equinix IBX data centers are designed with power systems that have built-in redundancy, full Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems with up to N+1 levels or greater, and backup generator systems in the event of a local utility failure. In addition, our teams will work with our customers to custom configure data center installations to accommodate specific requirements.
For individual specs of a particular data center and details of our SLAs in Zurich, please Get in Touch.
- Our precision HVAC systems cool the most demanding high-power deployments. The HVAC system provides appropriate airflow, temperature, and humidity to provide optimum conditions for equipment operation and to minimize downtime due to equipment failure.
For individual specs of a particular data center and details of our SLA in the Zurich area, please Get in Touch.
- The physical security of each IBX data center is one of our highest priorities. Each data center utilises an array of security equipment, techniques and procedures to control, monitor and record access to the facility. Some key features include:
- IBX data centers are manned by onsite security on a 24x365 basis
- All doors, including cages, are secured with biometric hand geometry readers or access cards
- A silent alarm and automatic notification of appropriate law enforcement officials protect all exterior entrances
- CCTV digital camera coverage of the entire site, including cages, with archival system, integrated with access control and alarm systems
- Motion-detection for lighting and CCTV coverage
- All equipment checked upon arrival
- Visitors are screened upon entry to verify their identity, and in shared situations, are escorted to their appropriate locations
- Shipping and receiving area walled off from colocation areas
Availability of some features vary by IBX facility
For individual specs of a particular data center in the Zurich area, please Get in Touch.
- The following Interconnection options and services are available from Zurich.
- System – Overhead proprietary cable tray system with multi-tier ladder rack or underfloor traywork
- Cross Connects – Enables customers to connect to other parties within an IBX data center or IBX data centers on a campus location using copper or fiber services.
- Metro Connect – Extends choice and reach for carrier and network availability across metro areas
- Equinix Internet Exchange – Central switch for public and private peering
- Data Centre Standards and Compliance
- We are committed to providing standards-compliant IBX data centers. All Zurich facilities have achieved the following standards:
- ISO9001:2008 – Quality Management
- ISO/IEC 27001:2005 – Information Security Management
By fulfilling the requirements of the ISO 9001 certification, Equinix ensures that a quality management system in place that always meets the requirements of our customers. The system and quality objectives are reviewed, updated and amended regularly to guarantee continued suitability.
To learn more about compliance standards, click here.
How can we help?
Our expertise is at your service
Tell us more about how we can help you accelerate your business with Platform Equinix.