Tell us more about how we can help you develop strategies to best leverage Platform Equinix.Get in Touch
Amsterdam Data Centers & Internet Exchange Point Services - Equinix
Amsterdam IBX Data Center Tech Specs
- AM1 Amsterdam IBX Center: ~59,203 ft² (5,500 m²)
Amsterdam, 1101 EB
- AM2 Amsterdam IBX Center: ~96,981 ft² (8,982 m²)
Amsterdam, 1101 EB
- AM3 Amsterdam IBX Center: ~68,889 ft² (6,400 m²)
Science Park 10
Amsterdam, 1098 XH
- Equinix IBX data centers are designed with power systems that have built-in redundancy, full Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems with up to N+1 levels or greater, and backup generator systems in the event of a local utility failure. In addition, our teams will work with our customers to custom configure data center installations to accommodate specific requirements.
For individual specs of a particular data center and details of our SLAs in Amsterdam, please Get in Touch.
- Our precision HVAC systems cool the most demanding high-power deployments. The HVAC system provides appropriate airflow, temperature, and humidity to provide optimum conditions for equipment operation and to minimize downtime due to equipment failure.
For individual specs of a particular data center and details of our SLA in the Amsterdam area, please Get in Touch.
- The physical security of each IBX data center is one of our highest priorities. Each data center utilises an array of security equipment, techniques and procedures to control, monitor and record access to the facility. Some key features include:
- IBX is manned by onsite security on a 24x365 basis
- ISO9001:2008 secure access procedure to be followed by both Equinix staff and customers visitors
- IBX data centers are manned by onsite security on a 24x365 basis
- All doors, including cages, are secured with biometric hand geometry readers or access cards
- A silent alarm and automatic notification of appropriate law enforcement officials protect all exterior entrances
- CCTV digital camera coverage of the entire site, including cages, with archival system, integrated with access control and alarm systems
- Motion-detection for lighting and CCTV coverage
- All equipment checked upon arrival
- Visitors are screened upon entry to verify their identity, and in shared situations, are escorted to their appropriate locations
- Shipping and receiving area walled off from colocation areas
Availability of some features may vary by IBX data center.
For individual specs of a particular data center in the Amsterdam area, please Get in Touch.
- The following Interconnection options and services are available from Amsterdam.
- System – Overhead proprietary cable tray system with multi-tier ladder rack or underfloor traywork
- Cross Connects – Enables customers to connect to other parties within an IBX data center or IBX data centers on a campus location using copper or fiber services.
- Metro Connect – Extends choice and reach for carrier and network availability across metro areas
- Equinix Carrier Ethernet Exchange – Enables Ethernet Service Providers to interconnect to CENs and expand the reach of Ethernet services
- Equinix Connect – provides a bundled IP transit solution for Equinix customers who require a single source solution
- Data Center Standards and Compliance
- We are committed to providing standards-compliant IBX data centers. All Amsterdam facilities have achieved the following standards:
- ISO 9001: 2008 – Quality Management
- ISO14001:2004 – Environmental Management System
- OHSAS 18001:2007 – Health & Safety Management
- ISO/IEC 27001:2005 – Information Security Management
- ISO50001:2011 – Energy Management System
- PCI-DSS Chapter 9 – Data Security Standard
ISO 27001 is the internationally recognised standard defining the requirements for an organisation’s Information Security Management System (ISMS). The audit and certification process ensures the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of information and network systems.
Equinix takes information security seriously and has received the ISO 27001 certification for its European locations in the Netherlands, Germany and the UK and its Asian-Pacific locations in Tokyo and Singapore.
By fulfilling the requirements of the ISO 9001 certification, Equinix ensures that a quality management system in place that always meets the requirements of our customers. The system and quality objectives are reviewed, updated and amended regularly to guarantee continued suitability.
To learn more about compliance standards, click here.
How can we help?
Our expertise is at your service
Tell us more about how we can help you accelerate your business with Platform Equinix.