Amsterdam Data Centers & Internet Exchange Point Services
Equinix Amsterdam Data Centers
Equinix helps companies accelerate business performance by connecting them to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Our Amsterdam data centers are business hubs for more than 300 companies. Our customers here can choose from a broad range of network services from more than 80 providers. They can also interconnect to customers and partners in their digital supply chain.
Customers at our Amsterdam colocation facilities can take advantage of peering opportunities with the Amsterdam Internet Exchange (AMS-IX), where approximately 600 ISPs, telecommunications carriers, content providers and hosting services from all over the world interconnect. Our Amsterdam data centers offer state of the art colocation services; in fact, these facilities were awarded AMS-IX Certified status after rigorous testing demonstrated their suitability for mission-critical collocation and interconnection. Our colocation facilities here are also connected to the Netherlands Internet Exchange (NL-ix), the world’s fifth largest Internet exchange. One of our Amsterdam data centers, AM3, reaches new heights in innovation and sustainability through the use of in-ground Aquifer Thermal Energy Storage, instead of mechanical cooling, so that heat generated by our data centers can be used to warm nearby buildings. These and other sustainable technologies in our Amsterdam data centers help our customers realize significant energy savings and reduce their CO2 footprint.
Our Amsterdam data centers also offer:
- Three buildings with 12,800 square meters (137,000+ square feet) of colocation space
- Connections to 80+ network service providers, as well as to AMS-IX and NL-ix, two key Internet exchanges
- Ability to interconnect directly to 300+ companies colocated with Equinix at these facilities
- Dense concentrations of companies that define the European digital economy, including networks, Internet exchanges and content and cloud providers
- Connections to 80 percent of Europe within 50 milliseconds
Amsterdam IBX® Benefits
- AM1 & AM2
- AM3 Science Park
- Ideal entry point for cloud providers looking to establish presence in Europe with direct access to hundreds of carriers
- Concentration of CDNs for e-commerce, advertising, broadcasting and gaming industries
- Strong peering and network base to facilitate reliable content delivery to end-users
- Ability to reach 80% of Europe within 50 ms makes location ideal for enterprises with multiple European offices
- Peer with the GRX Peering Exchange for mobile network operators
- Direct access to multiple mobile service provider core nodes including Syniverse, RIM and Opera
- Interconnection to hundreds of carriers
- Access to AMS-IX and NL-ix, two key Internet exchanges
- AM3 data center is located in carrier-dense Science Park
- Compliant with key international standards including ISO 9001: 2008 for quality management systems; OHSAS 18001:2007 for occupational health and safety management systems; ISO/IEC 27001:2005 for information security management systems and PCI-DSS Chapter 9 for vulnerability management
Tell us more about how we can help you create the perfect solution for your business needs.