Tell us more about how we can help you develop strategies to best leverage Platform Equinix.Get in Touch
Equinix IBX infrastructure is the industry standard for premium colocation facilities. Our IBX colocation areas provide the optimal operating conditions for your equipment.
Equinix IBX centers are specifically designed to provide a robust power infrastructure with the highest level of reliability. Our centers provide a minimum N+1 redundancy for every IBX power system, delivering the most reliable uptime availability in the industry. Our Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems prevent power spikes, surges and brownouts while redundant backup diesel generators provide additional fuel to keep the data center powered up in the event that public utility fails.
As demand for power and cooling continues to increase, Equinix’s robust Heating/Ventilation/Air Conditioning (HVAC) system is a key differentiating feature of the premium infrastructure at its IBX centers. Each IBX center is completely fitted for precision HVAC systems to provide optimum conditions for equipment operation and to minimize downtime due to equipment failure. The HVAC system provides appropriate airflow, temperature and humidity.
Fire Detection and Suppression
Equinix IBX centers are constructed with cutting-edge fire detection and suppression systems that limit the potential for damage in the event of a fire. Key features of the fire detection and suppression system include:
- Multi-zoned, dry pipe, water-based fire suppression systems with sensory mechanisms (sniffers) Dual alarms (heat and/or smoke) activation
- Water only enters the fire suppression system in the event of two cross-zone alarms, and will only disperse in the event of a broken or melted sprinkler-head.
- Any water discharge will be sprinkler-head specific, limiting the potential for damage caused by over-spray.
Equinix IBX centers have the following flood control features to ensure that, in the event of a flood, equipment damage is minimized and/or prevented:
- Tightly sealed conduits
- Moisture barriers on exterior walls
- Dedicated pump rooms
- Drainage/evacuation systems
- Moisture detection sensors
Structural systems at Equinix IBX centers meet or exceed seismic design requirements of local building codes for lateral seismic design forces. Equipment and nonstructural components, including cabinets, are anchored and braced.